Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sturgeon Time!

The weather is cooling and word on the streets is that the fabled diamond backs are in the system! Salmon season was rather unproductive for me and while i will continue to try for one next year and try my luck with steelhead this year, i am planning an all night fishing trip soon! My major target will be a nice huge Sturgeon!

I don't have much experience with Sturgeon. Earlier this year i believe i had an encounter with one, but it (or whatever it was) snapped my leader right off! This year i really want to catch one. So I will be putting my salmon goal on hold until the spring run and focusing my attention onto Dinos! in the past year I have made a lot more fishing buddies that have experience catching these mammoth fish so i will be picking their brains for the remainder of this year and early next to see if i can hook into one.

Wish me luck, folks!

Any tips??

2 comments:

  1. What can you say about a prehistoric fish that has to be 4 feet long before you can think about keeping it. Beside, they are rather ugly, but man do they taste good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J
    Looking forward to your post---don't know much about the Sturgeon, but hope to learn a few things from you next post.

    ReplyDelete