Friday, May 10, 2013

4/29 River Fishing



Sorry that this report is a bit late but I figured I owed it to you all! I went fishing with ol’ Pops on Monday April 29th. Hit the Sac River outside of knights Landing at about 4:30. We were using chicken Liver, night Crawlers and anchovies. The water visibility was about three feet, no wind. You could see large carp swimming near the bank, but they weren’t interested in my offerings. I put out light a line with a liver and no weight and hooked into a little pikeminnow. I hooked that little guy up to see if I could get into a large striper. No dice! The bite was slow. I managed to catch a little 10” channel. Not many bites. No Stripers, Not even shakers.

When it was almost time to go, Ol pops hooked into this nice 19.5” Channel Cat! In all it was a decent day. Could have done with a striper but oh well, next time!
Btw, will have to add pikeminnow to the old fish count. I will put it in with the carp.

No comments:

Post a Comment