Tuesday, January 9, 2018

3 Years Later... still frying!

It has been a little under 3 years since I have written in this blog. Life is similar to before. The major difference has been being promoted at work and having less time to fish, blog, and blog about fishing! In addition I kind of stopped writing at all. I plan on 2018 being different. One of my resolutions for this year is to write more so here is the product of that resolution.

In 2015 I started a tradition that me and my wife initially enjoyed and now absolutely love: The end of Summer Fish fry! if there was one thing that always reminded me of the blog, that was it! I'm not much for keeping fish; I mostly catch and release except for the occasional striper or stocker trout (but Mark hasn't gotten me into trout in years! haha). Aside from that, this is the one season where I keep most of the fish I catch.

In 2016 we had the 2nd annual End of summer fish fry.
A couple of late season trips to catch bass and large cats saved this fish fry! This year we added in the fish taco theme and that went well. My friend Mari decided to take over hush puppy making duties and my wife prepared some wonderful sides. Many a great time was had by all!  

2017 was a slow year for fishing and camping. Work kept me busy so aside from a few cool fly fishing expeditions at our local bass pond, fish for the fry were few. Luckily California had an indian summer because in late October we found a new spot and in one glorious fishing trip, caught all the bass we needed for the fry! 


On my birthday this past year, we had the 3rd annual End of summer/ Fall fish fry. I added the fall because it was early November by the time we had the fry. I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate life than to fry fish and drink some bad ass beers with the people I love! 

There is something special about setting out on a mission with your Dad and your best friend, to catch enough fish to feed your tribe. Everybody knows that this one party has been planned for months. A lot of effort goes into one afternoon. However the afternoon is full of frying, family, laughs and a superb collection of delicious craft beer! This is one tradition that will continue for many years to come. 


2 comments:

  1. Maybe I haven't gotten you into any trout lately, but I haven't gotten me into any trout lately either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete