Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I Ain't Ever Going Back Again...!



"I ain't ever going back again
I'm happy in the place I'm in
Surrounded by my best friends, 
that I just met today..." - Kenny Chesney

While answering a post on the sniffer, I ran across a guy that needed information on where to buy a house in woodland. I gladly helped him out to find a nice part of woodland in which to live. After Sean moved to woodland we went out fishing a couple of times and he turned out to be a great guy. He will be teaching me to catch Salmon when the season opens up.

While fishing with my buddy Jacob I ran across a Rastafarian gentleman fishing the banks of the delta in Suisun. At first Jacob was a bit skeptical of the guy but I extended a friendly hand and the guy ended up being really cool. After having a few beers with him and exchanging fish stories, we ended up having a grand old time with the guy!

Finally, While writing on my blog here I ran across a gentlemen who was willing to help me with my trout fishing. He had great advice on catching trout and even taught me the basics on fly fishing. As I said before, Mark ended up being a great guy and a good friend.

In this day in age, you never know who you are going to meet and what their intentions will be. It is normal to be skeptical and wonder if the person will be a weirdo or anything. But my experience with meeting people and fishing has been a good one.  I try to talk to everybody I run across while fishing and most of the time they are willing to talk and share their experience. Of course you will always run across the occasional jerk who thinks you are out to steal his spot or is so intent on fishing that they want nothing to do with socializing, and that’s cool. Not everybody is the same.

But my experience meeting folks through blogging or responding to forums has been a great one so far. I can’t help but think that if it weren’t for fishing and writing I never would have met such fantastic people. Fishing has been a catalyst in my life for many changes and one of those has been meeting amazing folks.  I look forward to one day meeting many of you that visit my blog and wetting a line with you.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever run into someone when I was fishing that wasn't nice except that guy that walked down the middle of the East Walker River just as I was getting ready to fish. Yeh, you're OK too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well presented, J., my Blogging Buddies have become an integral part of my being. Thanks for being one of them and would certainly be willing to converse whenever and even wet a line if the chance came up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being a blog buddy as well, mel! Hopefully we will get to meet and fish one day in the future!

      Delete