Monday, June 24, 2013

Update: Largemouths at Lisbon



Does the Hedon Torpedo work? Well I caught one fish with it in Washington State. Does it work at Lisbon, doesn’t seem like it. Then again catching bass at Lisbon seems to be different than other places. The only thing that has worked for catching Bass at Lisbon has been good ol nightcrawlers. Other than that, no dice.

I hit Lisbon on Friday and Saturday. I used the Heddon Torpedo in two sizes on two different days.  Long story Short, both were a failure. I am not sure what this means other than Lisbon is kind of a tough place for Largemouth. I still have to try it out at Boss pond and a few other fishing holes before I give an opinion. 

Anyway, I didn’t take any pictures of the fish I caught because I didn’t hook anything too impressive. Friday I hooked into a small largemouth and three decent sized crappie. I didn’t really feel like gutting and scaling so instead I simply caught and released. 

Sunday I took my dad out to the beehive (name for newest fishing hole). I ended up hooking into two small Largemouths  but once again, nothing too impressive. As much as I love hooking into some small fish, I really want a bigger fight so I need to hit the sac soon. Since Boss pond will be out of question for a while (different reasons) I am on the lookout for a new pond to catch some monster bass.
 
Well, three crappie and three largemouths would be it for this weekend! Not a great first fishing trip of the summer but at least i didn't get skunked!

4 comments:

  1. J., certainly not bad, but, "yup sometimes the fish win in the game of fishing".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They aure do win sometimes, mel. But don't worry... i will teach them! haha

      Delete
  2. I'd say the slough's are the same as the lakes. What works in one, won't work in another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is definitely true. I will keep working at getting the right combination for the buckets at Lisbon!

      Delete