Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2014 Fish Count!



Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the last count for 2014 (sorry I'm barely reporting on this in the middle of January)! I had some end of the year things to write about  so I couldn’t get to the count, but finally, here it is. 

First off, two years ago (2013) I decided to keep a count of all of the fish that I caught in 2014. That year I only caught 80 fish but I ended up learning a lot about how to fish, where to fish and when to fish, etc.
Earlier this year I made the following this prediction:  

“I have a feeling that 2014 is going to be a much more productive year than 2013… I will be reaping!”

And reap I did. But you guys know this because you have been along with me for the journey. So here are the numbers for this past year.:

2014 Fish Count
Carp/ PM = 05
Pan Fish = 78
Catfish = 20
LMB = 132
SMB = 05
Trout = 11
Striper = 43
*Steelhead= 00
*Salmon = 00
*Sturgeon = 00
________________________
TOTAL FISH FOR 2014 = 294

The reaping came big time! I feel like many things paid off. I focused heavily on panfish at first and started with bass kind of late but it seemed to work out. 

Also, I got lucky with a nice striper spot and ended up getting way more that I thought I would since a couple of my spots closed. 

One of the last things I said at the end of 2013 was that I wanted to increase my numbers of Largemouth and Tuxedo bass and that I did. Just between those two types of fish I caught 175 fish.  

My Panfish numbers were also pretty good, especially since I stopped trying so much for them around the middle of the year, after I met my panfish goal.

2 comments:

  1. Good year for sure, and I have no doubt you will do even better this year.

    ReplyDelete